Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year








As you know, I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love everything about it. I love the shopping, wrapping gifts, cooking, planning parties, but most of all the Christmas decorations. If I had my way I would spend every night driving around looking at the lights and decorations through out town. A favorite memory was the two years before Mom died and we took the kids to San Diego to spend Christmas with her and went to Candy Cane Lane down there. Now they really know how to decorate a house!
I like decorate my house the weekend of Thanksgiving. I have some really pretty fall decorations so like to keep them up for Thanksgiving Dinner. So, as usual the morning after Thanksgiving Theresa, Tera, and I did the madness of Black Friday shopping at 5:00 am. We sure miss having Jana and Brandi with us. Theresa and I lasted until 2:30! She then spent another night with us as she was too darn tired to go home. Part of the fun was helping Theresa buy new ornaments for her tree.
On Saturday I got a good start on my decorating and got both trees up. Monday night found me up on the 9' high ledge in the living room. Tera and TenLee were over that night and TenLee kept climbing the ladder to hand me lights and things and pretty soon she climbed up there with me!!! What a good little helper she is!
Hopefully I will finish my decorating tonight and then maybe this weekend I can convince Frank to help on the outside...

2 comments:

merlene said...

The decorations look beautiful!!! We have most of ours done We did 15 trees again this year. Last year ar our christmas party I had a nativity hunt I gave every team a paper telling them how many in each room, they were looking for 53 in all big little ect, Our love to you Merlene & your Dad

Anonymous said...

Looks good ma! Can't wait to see it in real life!