Tuesday, June 3, 2014

This Little Piggie Went To Market

Starting to eat healthy again requires a trip to the market!  


At least in my house it does!  

When I open my pantry I'm seeing way too many packages of cookies, chips, pudding cups, and other snacks.  Of course we have to have these for the grandkids.  Uh huh...  So it's time to clean out the pantry and go shopping.  Of course little Ashtyn is going to love taking home a big box of cookies!  

Frank and I went to the store and instead of the usual garbage spilling over in the cart, we loaded up on fresh veggies and fruits.  I find if I eat fruit I don't want sugar snacks, so why not indulge? Especially now when the mango's, pineapples, strawberries, and melons are so tasty. I felt a little like a hippy when I was at the check out with all my healthy foods!  




We are starting each day of our Challenge with a healthy protein shake by Synergy Worldwide called:

SLMsmart - Slim, Lose, Maintain




We like to add a few little extra's to make it more like a tasty milkshake. It's actually very good and satisfies me for hours. Frank even likes it!  It also helps me count calories, which is how I can eat my elephant!

This is working because I lost 1.2 lbs and Frank lost 1.8 lbs the first day!  Yes, we are going to weigh and track our weight each day because it makes us more accountable.  I am actually looking forward to each day and a renewed sense of getting on the right track.  


No comments: