Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crazy lady driving down Sunnyside


Theresa said I better write my little story down............


Friday morning, June 12, it was raining like crazy when I stopped at Walker Two to pick up the paperwork. One of my daily duties. After a weekend of rain there were huge puddles of water all over.


When I came out of the building it was raining and I was trying to run to my car so I wouldn't get too wet. I always just pull up and park and run into the building but I couldn't pull into the driveway so I parked parallel to the road. I got to my car, opened the back door, put the box in the back seat and then opened the front door to get in. Right then a little red Honda drove by, going very fast, and totally blasted me with water. I was soaked! The inside of my car got it all over - even the stuff in the back seat got wet. I didn't swear but I was MAD!


So I started down the road and could see the car up ahead a few cars. There's construction going on so they had to wait in line. On past the construction I could still see them going down Sunnyside so I started driving a little faster than usual, weaving in and out of traffic, to catch up with them. I didn't run any red lights though! Finally, I caught up to them just past the hospital so I started honking my horn at them. Needless to say, I pretty well did that all the way to Yellowstone Ave. By then they fell behind me. They probably didn't want that crazy old lady following them any more.


I could still see their car on Yellowstone headed towards my office. There was a fender bender and I was tempted to stop and tell the cop what had happened. But, then I couldn't decide what the charge would be. Negligence with water? Performing a splashing criminal act? Failure to control splashing?


When I arrived at my office and got out of the car my clothes were soaked and my hair was completely wet on the one side. I finally dried off and calmed down but I still have my eye out for that little red Honda. I have their license plate number...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine you chasing those people down the street in your grandma car!