Friday, May 2, 2008

I guess I will get this started.

Jana has been bugging me to start this blog. I actually started one a few years back but it was to let out my political frustrations and no one read it! So, then I hit the political boards and ended up arguing with everyone. So, maybe I can write a little bit on here about politics and mix it up with family happenings!

So, I'm thinking this will take the place of my journal. Right? I hope so, since the pages of my journal are getting awfully yellow, and are still pretty blank.... I always have great intentions of writing in it but never follow through.

What's happening right now in our lives? Well, Frank quit the ranch last year and went to work with Bryan in his new excavating business. We bought a beautiful new home in south Ammon. We worked our butts off (well, not really cause I still have mine) putting in a new yard and finishing the basement. I think we did a wonderful job on both! We were always being told we had the nicest yard in the division.

That brings me to living in town. First real experience. We are really lucky because we have wonderful neighbors but it really is like living in a fishbowl. I have to remember to keep the blinds closed at night! And try to keep Frank from peeing in the backyard!

So, we decided to buy a small acreage and build a new home - mainly a spec home. Okay, the project just kept getting bigger and bigger until the day we started digging (the end of October). The house ended up being 2400 sf with a completely finished basement. Five bathrooms!!! Who in their right mind wants to clean five toilets?

Right now Frank is tiling bathrooms. He has finished the hardwood flooring, the cabinets are in, just waiting on the granite, and the trim carpenter is doing the stain grade trim. The best part of the house is the 16X30 theatre room. We painted it dark red with black trim and then I faux painted the red with black. It's pretty awesome. It have three platforms to watch the big screen!

It's been a big job but I'm pretty proud of what we have accomplished. We have our house up for sale and our realtor is also showing the new house but it isn't listed. Hopefully one or both sell asap!

I better save some stuff to write about next week!

1 comment:

Sharie said...

Congrats on your blog! This will probably be the only way to keep in touch because you know we are HORRIBLE at getting together! Sounds like your house is coming right along. I really want to go see it! It sounds amazing!
Keep up the posts - I'll be checking in on ya!