Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Floating the River

On Saturday, Aug 30 we wanted to do something fun with the family while Jana was here visiting for the week. We decided that we would try to float the river up by Ashton. Layne and Val had planned a camping trip with the Terry's and Tera couldn't get off that day as she was managing at Ruby River. So, it was Theresa and Rich, Bryan, Ali and Ryder, Caleb and Tiffany, Jana, Dad and I that braved the "rapids!"
Theresa and Rich lined up the tubes and boat and had everything ready for us. Thanks guys! When we got to the river Ryder couldn't wait to get in the water. But, he didn't like his life jacket. We all piled in and headed down for a two hour ride.
Yes, I did get dumped out of my tube a couple of times and poor Bryan thought I was going to drown. I wasn't worried about it near as much as everyone else. I do have to admit that I'm not as strong against the current as I used to be and the rocks can be killers but I still had a great time. My arm is really bruised - not from the rocks but from Bryan trying to pull me into the tube!
After our float we had lunch by the river. Everyone was tired but smiling after a fun day.
To top it off, Caleb bought a ring and asked Tiffany to marry him! She is a real sweetheart and we are happy they have decided to get married.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a lot of fun! I'm glad that we were able to do it even though I was freezing!

Jeff and Sandy said...

What a fun float trip! It looks like everyone was having a great time. That's great that Caleb is getting married. What a fun family! Love and miss you all! Sandy