Monday, October 12, 2009

Challenge and Canning


Jana and I have a challenge for each other. It started with her telling me that she read an idea for scrapbooking where you take one picture a day and make a scrapbook book page around it. I told her we need to do that but do a blog page... So, here I go...

My picture was actually from Saturday. Theresa shared a great recipe for making homemade soup to can so I decided that I would do it. I haven't canned for quite a few years! So, I went with Frank out to the farm sites on Saturday morning and then we stopped and bought the fresh veggies we needed to make the soup.

He actually helped by chopping all of the veggies for me! We had it all ready and cooking within a half and hour. The recipe is on my "Sharing Recipes" blog and on my eHow page. It turned out so well that we are going to make another batch next weekend!

1 comment:

tammy said...

Okay. Now I feel really bad for what I said about throwing the clothes on the floor of the closet. After all he did to help chop the veggies, I suppose it was worth having to hang up the tie!